If you are interested in being a volunteer, please download the Volunteer Application by clicking the link below.
Volunteer Registration can also be completed by clicking link below.
Still to be Added
Volunteers are asked to fill out a survey following the parade. Please click on link below.
Still to be Added
Frequently Asked Questions
- Portolets and Restrooms are available at four locations – refer to map for details.
- Water is available for volunteers (at staging area, judging stand, disc jockey locations and handed out by roving golf cart water teams at other locations along the route).
- For any emergency, contact nearest radio person, they will contact nearest deputy, who will alert parade ambulance and/or parade security.
- Senior & Handicap Parking - Handicap Parking at Gold Lot (& South County Community Center)
- Senior and Physically Challenged Tent- A tent will be set up in front of the Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion on Lake Robbins Drive for senior citizens and the physically challenged to obtain respite from the summer heat.
- No throwing of candy & handouts due to safety: ensures children won’t run out into path of vehicles.
- Announcement of prize winners on phone line (281-210-3975) after 2 pm, awarded On July 4th at 7:05 PM at Red Hot & Blue Festival in Town Center Park.
Parade Sequence of Events
0630 – Setup of check-in booths, staging lot and judging area begins
0700 – The Township Service Center opens for dignitaries
0700 – Commercial floats arrive, locate along Lake Woodlands Drive
0725 – Golf Carts (6) arrive: 1 parade president, 1 dignitary lot, 2 at staging lot, 1 for logistics, 1 for general & water distribution
0730 – Refreshments arrive at WCSC for dignitaries
0735 – Barricade of Lake Woodlands Drive @ Lake Front Circle begins.
0800 – Character and DJ entertainment begins
0830 – Sheriffs barricade of streets begins (progressive).
0845 – Judges relocate to judging stand & dignitaries go to their assigned vehicles
0850 – “line-up” on Lake Woodlands Drive begins at Grogran’s Mill Road
0855 – Marine M/C’s make “sweep” of parade route
0900 – Parade starts at Grogan’s Mill Road and Lake Woodlands Drive
0915 - 0920 – First elements of parade enter Market Street
0925 - First elements of parade arrive at judging stand
0945 – Last elements of parade exit staging lot; first elements of parade arrive at staging lot, may re-enter or immediately depart area by going Northbound on Grogan's Mill Road. Westbound on Lake Woodlands will be available as parade clears staging lot exit.
1000 – Last elements of parade clear Grogan's Mill Road (at Lake Robbins), returning elements of parade may now go Southbound on Grogan's Mill Road.
1030 - Parade ends: last elements of parade arrive at staging lot.
1100 – Clean up: remove trash & recycle bins. Sweeper & Boy Scouts clean streets & staging lot.
1930 - Prize winners announced at Red Hot & Blue Festival in Town Center Park.
Our snail mail address is South County Fourth of July Committee. PO Box 7266, The Woodlands, TX 77387.
The South Montgomery County 4th of July Parade could not take place without the hard work of so many dedicated volunteers. Our hats are off to you!